We all know that Apple’s HomePod is almost ahead, and many will be wondering how to manage this smart speaker easily. Basically, Apple’s Homepod is a Siri enabled smart speaker who can easily connect with any of the Apple devices, and also accounts for a lot of things. It can be helpful in playing music, read emails, remind about meetings in the calendar and many more things.
However, when we talk about playing something via Apple Music or direct from your iTunes library, you need to pick up your iPhone and control your HomePod by easily using your phone’s display.
Here are few simple steps which help you in managing HomePod on iPhone or iPad, actually there are few things on the HomePod settings front that Siri can’t handle it. Here you need to know.
Steps to Manage HomePod on iPhone or iPad
The HomePod smart speaker is most similar to setting up a pair of AirPods on your iPhone/iPad. But continuing the process here are few fundamentals to connect with the HomePad and necessary to know:
- Once ensure that iPhone or iPad is running on latest iOS 11.2.5 or above updates.
- The iOS device is connected to the Wi-Fi internet and has their Bluetooth enabled.
- Confirm that you signed in to iCloud with your Apple ID and also turned on the iCloud chain.
Here we discuss complete stepwise guide to connect Homepod on iPhone or iPad. But you have to follow these steps in a give sequence to avoid errors. Here how to do it:
- Firstly, plug the HomePod to a “Power” source and wait until you hear a chime sound. And you will also see a pulsing white light flashing on the top of the HomePod.
- Now, unlock your iPhone or iPad and take it closer to the proximity to your HomePod.
- Then, click on the “Set Up” option when visible on your iOS device’s screen.
- After that, choose a room when it asked you “Where’s the HomePod” screen.
- Next, enable Personal Requests option to allow anyone to use HomePod to easily read and send messages, creates notes and many more.
- Now, click on the Transfer Settings tab, to automatically manage access to your information on iCloud, home Wi-Fi Network, Apple Music and many more things to do.
- At this moment, wait for HomePod to finish setup when completed, Siri will automatically welcome you and also provide you with a few examples of things that you can with.
- Lastly, to verify that the HomePod is set up, you need to Open the Home App and search for the HomePod in the Home or Rooms tab. Also, you can customize all the settings, whenever you want.
- Once you are done with the process of setting up, now you can access the HomePod settings through the Home app on your Apple iPhone or iPad. To check all the settings, you first need to find the HomePod available in your Favourite Accessories and then long press the icon.
Aida Martin is a self-professed security expert; She has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup